Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sheena Douglass Day of the Dead

Hola my crafty friends! We have some exciting news today over at Crafter's Companion USA! NEW Sheena Douglass Day of the Dead!

Celebrate the Day of the Dead or simply add this popular Mexican-based style to your crafting projects with this fabulous range of dies and co-ordinating stamps designed by popular artist, Sheena Douglass. As well as the iconic Sugar Skull, there are lots of designs that celebrate this age-old tradition of remembering friends and family members who have passed on, helping them in the spiritual journey. These designs can also be used in alternative ways and for making papercrafting projects with a very distinct look and feel about them.

I designed this card project using the new Forever Yours stamp set.


One of the things I love about being on the Crafter's Companion Educational Design Team is the wide variety of art designs I get to create with. To be honest, some are a bit challenging for me. I wasn't that familiar with Day of the Dead, so I jump on my computer and did a quick search for inspiration to help me decide what colors to use. Here's the picture that caught my eye:
Simple as that! I grabbed my Spectrum Noir Markers and Sparkle Pens and got busy.

Spectrum Noir Markers:
  • Skin - FS2, FS3, FS6, TN2
  • Hair - IG1, IG2, IG4, IG8, IG10, Blender
  • Dark Pinks - PP2, PP5, DR2, DR5, DR7
  • Blue Flower - TB1, TB5, BT7, BT9
  • Greens - CG1, CG2, DG2, DG3
  • Purple Eyeshadow - LV1
  • Purple stone on choker - LV3

Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens (colored over markers):
  • Splatters on cardbase - Fig, Inspired Violet
  • Purple Stone on Choker - Amethyst
  • Dark Pinks - Cosmos
  • Hair Streaks, Eye Shadow, Leaves, Flower - Crystal Clear



The Sparkle Pens REALLY take it up a level with the bling bling.


I'll be sharing more project designs with some of the other new Day of the Dead stamp sets -- and using a completely different theme. Stay tuned!

Now...it's time to go SHOPPING! Check out all Day of the Dead products HERE.


Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:
Craftern's Companion Sheena Douglass Day of the Dead - Forever Yours Stamp Set
Spectrum Noir Markers
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens
Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock
Pink and Purple Cardstock
Sequins
Dimensional Foam Adhesive
Liquid Adhesive
Black Ink

2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Lori this is so beautiful and gorgeous lady.


Gr Karin

Kim Jaime said...

I absolutely love how you did this stamp! It is lovely. www.mycornerofcrazy.com