Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Woo freakin Hoo

 Well then...


I recently got this stamp set from Taylored Expressions. It's called Party Grumplings. Freakin HILARIOUS!



The grumpy cat is colored with Spectrum Noir Markers:
  • Balloon - DR2, CR5, PP3
  • Cat - EB6, EB1, IG10, IG8, IG4, IG2
  • Shadow - IG1, IG2, Blender

The background is a technique I call "Speckled Watercolor Wash Background." Not sure if that's an official technique name, but it fits for what I did. I used my Spectrum Aqua Markers to paint with.


Doesn't that background look like one of those giant jaw breakers? Like an explosion of yummy on paper! I applied a wash of light blue to the watercolor cardstock panel. After it dried (Confession: I dried it with my heat gun..cause I was impatient!) I flicked other colors on...making sure each color was dry before moving on to the next.
  
The Spectrum Aqua Marker used for the watercolored background:
  • Wash - Teal
  • Flicked Colors - Navy, Bud Green, Gold

It's hard to see, but I did paint on some clear shimmer on the balloon before covering with dimensional glaze. I also added glaze to the cats nose.

I can't wait to color more of these fun "grumpy" critters!


Have a creative day,

Supplies:
Spectrum Noir Markers
Spectrum Aqua Markers
Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock
Spectrum Aqua Watercolor Cardstock
Taylored Expressios - Party Grumplings
Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables Dies
Sheer Shimmer Spritz  - Sparkle
A Muse Studio Ocean Cardstock
Watercolor Brush
3D Crystal Lacquer
Double Sided Foam Adhesive

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

My goodness this is just too cute and certainly does look like grumpy cat! Love your background too.

Jeannie T.
My Current Blog Challenge - You're So Crafty!
More Info Here:
Dragonfly Journeys