Thursday, February 12, 2015

I Scored...BIG!

Did you see the BIG news? Crafter's Companion USA now has a NEW scoring board. It's called The Big Score. The working surface on this is 12" x 18". It's a wonderful board! I should know...I have it ;)  ahhhh...the perks of being on the Education Team.

Here's a project I made...and I must say...it turned out beautifully!


The finished box is 7 1/4" x 7 1/2".


I also used some of the new large size specialty paper that Crafter's Companion now has available. Nice and thick...just right for making a sturdy project. Check out all the cardstock and paper HERE.

This box template (which can be found on The Big Score Project CD) is officially called "Just a Box of Chocolate" - and has been designed to fit a couple chocolate bars on the inside. I didn't have the bars, but I went ahead and made the wrappers so you can see what it would like like.


The wrappers are made from the left over pieces of cardstock from making the box. All products I used to make this are listed at the bottom of my blog post. I wrapped the doilies around the edges of the wrappers and then strung some twine through to old them in place.

The inside of the cover is stamped with butterflies from the Sheena's a Little Bit Scenic - Flying Colors Set. Those butterflies really make a beautiful DIY background paper! I also stamped and trimmed out a single butterfly to embellish the front of the box.


Another great perk of this board -- you can trim the larger paper pieces right on the board. SCORE! ;)


Want to know how to make this box?
Pop on over to the Crafter's Companion USA Blog to check out my tutorial. Leave a comment while you're there, so they know you stopped by.

Lastly, I wanted to mention the Valentines Day Sale going on right now over at Crafter's Companion USA.
http://www.crafterscompanion.com/?AffId=67

What a great time to get the new board. AND..they have a special going on RIGHT NOW when you  buy the new board. Buy The Big Score Board and get The Big Score Board Project Video CD for FREE. Click HERE to see.


Supplies:
The Big Score Board
Cutting Mouse
Sweet Treats 11x17 Card Pack
Elegance 11x17 Card Pack
Construction Cardstock 12x16 Pack
Rose Pearl Shimmering Cardstock
Kraft Cardstock
White Cardstock
Sheena A Little Bit Scenic Flying Colors stamp set
Bebunni Floral Collection Sweet Friend stamp set
Scalloped Tags Die set
Circle Doilies Die Set
Circle Die Set
Bebunni Floral Hearts Die Set
Die cutting machine
Adhesive
Antique Linen Distress Ink
Versafine Black Ink
Ribbon, Twine, Buttons & Rhinestones

No comments: