Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Lucy Skates

Hey crafters! Did you happen to see the cool video tutorial over on the Spectrum Noir Blog? Sara Naumann shows a really fun way to use Spectrum Noir Ink refills. Go check it out HERE.

This is a card I designed using the same techniques in the video...


The Spectrum Noir Ink Refill colors I used are BT3 and IG1. The Spectrum Noir Markers I colored with are: 
  • Skin - FS2, FS3, CR2
  • Hair - GB1
  • Pants & Gloves - IG1, IG4
  • Jacket & Skates - IG1
  • Hat & Scarf - BT1, BT3, BT4
  • Ground - BT1
  • Flower - CR8 (I actually used a lighter red first. I think it was CR2. But I wanted it darker - so added CR8 on top)
I stamped the skater and sentiment in black and embossed in clear. The snow dots are stamped with Colorbox Archival Ink - Seattle Sky. The swish on the ground I drew with a light blue marker and added crystal glitter. I also added glitter o all the snow dots.


I just love these stamps from Eat Cake Graphics - Lucy's learning to skate, Look a lot like Christmas. and Snow dots. The tree border die is from Poppystamps and the stencil to make the snowflakes is Dylusions. Looks so cool! Under the tree border is Washi tape - then bakers twine wrapped around the panel.

I can't wait to make more designer backgrounds using my SN ink refills! Go give this technique a try. You will love it too!

See ya later!


1 comment:

Pam Sparks said...

darling, darling card! love the technique, your coloring and where would I find that tri color twine? TFS! pamsparks74@gmail.com