Friday, July 11, 2014

Hello from Camp

Hey there campers! Just checkin' to see if ya had a chance to play along with our challenge this month over at Spectrum Noir.

Our challenge theme is "Summer"
Get all the details HERE.

The first thing that popped in my head for the challenge was "Summer Camp".


I love coloring with my Spectrum Noir Markers. There's NO END to the things you can do with them!!! Seriously! Like the fun texture and dimension I added to my stamped images.

To create the texture on the outside of the tent, I used 1 marker, a piece of ribbon and rubbing alcohol. I colored the tent with a green marker --  adding a couple extra layers of the same marker in areas to darken to color. Then -- the fun part! Simply adding a little rubbing alcohol to a piece of ribbon and pressing it down onto the colored tent, I was able to create that AWESOME texture pattern! It's like magic I tell ya!


To create dimension on images, don't be afraid to use those dark colors! Sometimes all it takes is a teeny tiny little touch of a darker shade to really add that extra WOW to your coloring. And remember...it doesn't have to be in the same color family. You can see how I added touches of "blue gray" (BGR3 and BGR4) to the red parts of the lantern. I'm tellin' ya...it really makes a HUGE difference!


I painted a little Sheer Shimmer Spritz on the fireflies that I stamped on the yellow circle, and on the flame in the camp fire.

The stars are white embossed on dark gray cardstock - then I lightly sponged Black Distress ink on the panel to create a slightly darker night sky around them.


Now go grab your Spectrum Noir products and show us some "Summer" themed projects. Make sure to enter your creations on the Spectrum Noir Monthly Challenge Gallery.

Spectrum Noir Markers used to color images:
Tent - DG4
Inside Tent - GG1, GG3, GG5
Tent Stakes - IG2, IG4
Lantern - PP1, CR8, CR11, BGR3, BGR4, CT1, IB1
Fire - CT1, CT4 OR1, CR8, CR11
Logs - EB1, EB6, EB7
Twig - EB6, CG2, DG3
Marshmallows - EB1




Supplies: 
Markers - Spectrum Noir Markers - DG3, DG4, GG1, GG3, GG5, BGR3, BGR4, IG2, IG4, EB1, EB6, EB7, PP1, OR1, IB1, CG2, CT1, CT4, CR8, CR11
Stamps - A Muse Studio (retired)
Papers - Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock; A Muse Studio (Buttercup, Slate and Fern) and Doodlebug 6x6 Kraft In Color Paper Pad
Inks - Memento Dye Inks; Distress Ink and Versamark
Spray Sheer Shimmer Spritz
Misc - 2" Circle Punch; White Embossing Powder; Heat Tool; 3D Foam Tape; Rubbing Alcohol; Scrap Piece of Ribbon

1 comment:

VanessaB said...

SO CUTE! your coloring is always so awesome. i'm envious! :)